Sunday, January 20, 2008

DR's 60th birthdayI






I was totally shocked when Cathy took me to Molly and Christian's house friday night, 1-18-2008 because their son "Jack" had something to show me. As we walked into the house I saw my four daughters and about 30 friends who had gathered to help celebrate my 60th birthday. I suspected Cathy and the girls would be doing something for my 60th, but since we were all getting together in two weeks for our annual ski trip, I figured we would be celebrating then. As I hugged Megan and Buffy who had flown in from Salt Lake, I was informed that Megan's son Henry and Buffy's boys Colton and Dixon had also flown down. What a joy to have all your children and grandchildren with you, along with friends you have known for 25-30 years. Games were played, and a book entitled "60 years" was presented to me by my family containing pictures of me with them, and interspersed with the pictures was a list from Cathy and each of the girls of 60 reasons I was special to them. A DVD was also shown of pictures of me from my childhood, Cathy's and my wedding, our early married years, and then through each of the girls, the Alaska fishing trip with Christian and Kevin (sons-in-law), fishing with the grandsons, and ocean fishing off the California coast. The icing on the cake was the fact that the next day (my birthday) Cathy and I, all four daughters, and all five grandsons spent the day at Knotts Berry Farm enjoying rides with family members of all ages, and enjoying each other.







This is me looking at the "60 Years" book - very touching to me. Sometimes you think your life doesn't really count for much, but to read some of the comments made by Cathy and the girls makes you realize that people really do appreciate the little things you do along the way.



This is the five grandsons, from left to right, Henry (2), Dixon (3), Jack (7), Max (4), and Colton (7). They were posing as cool cats in front of the mining train ride at Knott's Berry Farm.







3 comments:

Meg Rogers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg Rogers said...

I would like to clarify that it is NOT me in the green shirt standing behind dad in the pciture where he is blowing out his birthday candles. (I won't mention who it is!) I don't enjoy being snausaged in to any shirt where a deep breath is a luxury.

-Meg

Topsy said...

Happy Birthday Duane. What a lovely life!
This is nisa belt by the way.